Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sugar Cookies



I've made many different sugar cookies over the years, but these were by far the best!  It's the first recipe of cutout cookies I thought I'd want to make again.  They tasted absolutely delicious . . . and were very easy to work with.  Thanks for the recipe, Nadine:)
My sister made some sugar cookies with crushed candy cane and I thought they were so good, I had to give them a try, too!

I gave a few plates of cookies to some of our neighbors.  As you can see, I didn't decorate them very fancy.

Sugar Cookies

Cream together 1 cup butter and 8 oz. softened cream cheese.  Beat in 2 cups sugar.  Add 2 eggs, beating well after each.  Add 1 tsp. baking soda, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. vanilla.

Beat well and add in 4 1/2 cups flour.

Chill dough for one hour.

Roll out on floured surface to 3/8" thick.  Cut into desired shapes.  Bake at 350 until edges are golden brown.  (About 10 minutes)*

Let cool and frost with frosting.

Makes approximately 4 dozen cutout cookies.


Frosting

3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3-4 tbsp. milk

Mix together until smooth and spreadable.

(Need about 2 batches of frosting for 1 batch of cookies.)

I baked all of my cookies for exactly 10 minutes.

I'm linking up with Aimee at AJcrazies.


1 comment: