Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summer - At last and a bittersweet memory

(This part was written quite a while ago!!)  So, if y'all don't know, today is the first day of Summer! Also, it was our last day of school today so it worked out almost perfectly! Anyways, the clouds were really pretty today so, of course, I had to take a picture:)


I like this one the best - the sky is sooo blue and the tree is soooo green:)

Thursday was my Grandma Rhoades' funeral and after it we got a picture of all the granchildren there.  There are 112 of us - 3 didn't make it to the funeral, and several were already gone when we got this picture taken.

And our family.

And, last but not least, here's my Mom and Dad at our house before the funeral.

When I think about my Grandma Rhoades who has just died recently, I think about when I stayed up there a week before she died.  I was at her house two days before she was put into the hospital, and that in itself is very special to me.  Think about it.  There are many reasons I miss her so much but I know she is better off in heaven.  I think how she was always there to talk on the phone when anyone called.  How she always remembered the 112 grandchildren’s birthdays.  How at church she always helped in the kitchen, though she was already 74 years old and had problems with her breathing and other things.  How she lived for gatherings of her children and grandchildren.  I remember how she made al the delicious food for me when I was up there.  Last year when I stayed up there with Monica, she made delicious food, too.  I am very thankful that she died when I am 13 so I will always be able to have memories about her.  Some of my younger siblings won’t.  I am also thankful that I still have 2 Grandpas and 1 Grandma.  Some people have none or only one.  Thank you, Grandma, for being who you were.  I loved her very much.

Love and God's Peace,

Tara

1 comment:

  1. That is a sweet tribute to your dear Grandma. I hope you will always remember her and talk about her to the younger ones so they can have a feeling for who she was. My love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete