I had a flannel nightgown that had been my Mom's and I wanted to make Bronwyn a nightgown from it. It had a stain kind of front and center, so I lost out on some of the fabric. I thought for awhile that I'd have to make one for Morgan instead, but I managed to make my pattern work even though there had to be a couple small changes. I figured this way, it would eventually be Morgan's:) I used Simplicity pattern #7682, which very possibly came from Mom, too!!
Over the years I've made quite a few nightgowns with elastic in the sleeves. This is the first pattern I've ever used where you sewed ribbon on top instead of bias tape on the back side to use for the elastic casing. I did the same thing for the casing at the neck. I liked doing it this way and may use the idea on other patterns. I like to make do with what I have on hand.
Here is Bronwyn in her new nightgown. And yes, I know, the photography has much to be desired.
Bronwyn is quite pleased to be wearing a nightgown that used to be Grandma's:)
Linking up with AJcrazies.
Not sure if I'll manage this week's challenge!