Friday, October 7, 2011

Dear Mom:

It's been three months since I was last able to look at your beautiful face!  Three months since your body was lowered into the ground!  What a sad day that was!  For you it was no different.  You'd already been singing with the heavenly throng for six days!

"On that peaceful shore of glory,
Morn has broken for the blest,
And the pilgrim, tired and weary,
Is enjoying peace and rest.
Oh what joy to be beholding
Jesus face to face at last,
And to join that glorious singing
With the saints from ages past."

I know for you it's so much easier, but there is such a big hole for us who miss you on earth.  I just want to talk to you, Mom!  The other day we spent the night with Dad.  There's no one to talk to when he's outside working.  The house is empty.  Your chair looks lonely.  Loneliest of all is Dad.  You were always there for him for more than 53 years . . . and now he's by himself.  When it seems so hard for us kids, I know it's much, much worse for him!!  

"Let us watch and wait together,
Fervently in faith and love.
Soon the call, dear sister, brother,
Will sound forth from heav'n above.
In that blessed home in glory,
Reunited we will be;
In the heav'nly mansions lovely,
We will sing so joyfully!"

Earth is earthly and life still goes on.  The children have been in school for a month already.  Walker turns 2 in 10 days and Morgan will be 6 months that day, also.  Walker is a pest, seeing how much trouble he can get into, and Morgan is a little sweetie!!  Besides canning, it doesn't seem like I've accomplished much lately.  I'm finally getting a little sewing done.  David has been working in Bickleton, so we have long nights when he doesn't come home until Friday.  It will be a happy night tonight:)

I know you don't know or care what I write, but I write for me anyways!  I will always love and miss you!!  You were the best Mom ever!!!

"When we all get to heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We'll sing and shout the victory!"

4 comments:

  1. oh Elva. I love you & I love that you are writing to your mom. Like you said we are still Earthly. I am so sad for your dad too, what a lonely place to be. God bless you & I am so glad you had a mom who left such a testimony to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sit here with tears streaming down my face. I miss Mom so much I can hardly go on. Love you my family so much and am so thankful for you all, just wished we lived closer to you all. Leona

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! And what a treasure for us to read and know that God has read it too and maybe told your Mom what you had to say...we can only imagine!

    ReplyDelete